Friday, October 31, 2008

First Shots of a XulBot

Probably the next series of stuff I'll be doing is inspired by the Ian Douglas stories from the Heritage, Legacy, and Inheritance trilogies. These shots are the first real model I've done so far, using Blender. This is a xul robot, their dumb, but numerous machines used for one on one combat, and possibly repair.

From Learning 3D


Same thing, different camera angle:

From Learning 3D


Wonder what it looks like inside?

From Learning 3D


Ick...

I hooked in an armature system:

From Learning 3D


But I'm pretty sure I still have some kinks to work out. I figured out how to set up IK constrains, to a degree, and that's how I got the "arms" to curve. Anyways, there's still some distortion with the arm shapes and the armature.

The material for the skin comes from: Alien Metal 1.

No comments: